BI Animal Health Partners With WellVet To Host Wellbeing Virtual Series To Tackle Winter Blues
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health has collaborated with WellVet to host a free ‘Winter Wellbeing’ series of online events, which starts this Thursday 19 November.
WellVet is a not-for-profit social enterprise to help improve the wellbeing of veterinary professionals and teams.
The events, which kick off with a Facebook Live at 8pm on Thursday 19 November, will cover a range of subjects to boost morale as winter draws near, positively influence wellbeing and reduce the impact of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). They will also demonstrate how to support employees and colleagues to ensure work is sustainable, productive and enjoyable and guide veterinary professionals through mechanisms to make working life a more positive experience, despite the current climate. This will include practical tips on how we can enhance recovery and improve wellbeing.
The series will feature 30-minute presentations by leading wellbeing professionals including:
- Sports Psychiatrist, Dr Claire Gillvray
- Human Factors Specialist, Dan Tipney, and
- Occupational Psychologist, Prof Elinor O’Connor
The full WellVet Winter Wellbeing series programme consists of the following:
● 8pm on Thursday 19 November – Combating SAD-ness (in lockdown)! – Dr Claire Gillvray
● 8pm on Thursday 26 November – Team morale boosting in tough times – Dan Tipney
● 8pm on Thursday 3 December – Virtual festive garland making – Wellness Vets
● 8pm on Thursday 17 December – Recovering from the pressures of work – Prof Elinor O’Connor
● 8pm on Thursday 7 January – Reflections for growth – Jenny Guyat
Liz Barton, co-founder of WellVet, comments: “WellVet exists to provide practical tools and a supportive network to help positively influence and improve wellbeing and boost morale. This programme of events is designed to answer specific challenges we’re experiencing – now more than ever in veterinary teams, and to bring us together for a bit of festive cheer.”
“During these challenging times, work and life in general can often seem overwhelming,” adds Emma McAnally, territory manager at Boehringer Ingelheim. “We are delighted to support the WellVet Winter Wellbeing series to help improve wellbeing both in the work and home environments.”
For further information on the WellVet Winter Wellbeing series and for details on how to join visit www.wellvet.co.uk.
More from Boehringer Ingelheim