NexGard Spectra ‘Yum And Done’ Competition Winner Announced
30th November, 2022 11h49
Kelly Lowe from Damson Vets picks up a ‘tasty’ prize as winner of Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health’s competition launching the brand’s palatability campaign, showing that NexGard Spectra® was preferred by 9 out of 10 dogs and highlighting their taste guarantee money back offer.1,2*
The NexGard Spectra ‘Yum and Done’ competition from Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Ltd. (BIAH) has generated thousands of entries from veterinary professionals across the UK and Ireland, all taking part for a chance to win and learn about the importance of taste in choosing a canine parasiticide.
The competition was launched as part of the NexGard Spectra ‘Yum and Done’ palatability campaign, which announces the results of a study of 100 healthy dogs that showed NexGard Spectra® was preferred by 9 out of 10 dogs,1,2* and raise awareness of their taste guarantee money back offer.
The lucky prize winner was Kelly Lowe from Damson Vets, who enjoyed an overnight stay with gourmet dining experience for two plus a pizza delivery and hamper of tasty treats for her practice.
Kelly said: “I am a veterinary care assistant and also a college lecturer in animal care. I use NexGard Spectra for my dog which is why I entered the competition at the practice. It was such a lovely surprise to get the call to say I had won.
“The Lygon Arms has been recommended by lots of my dog owner friends and so I thought it perfect to have the night away with my dog, Grace. Everyone at the practice loved the pizza lunch and it came on a busy day so was appreciated even more. The hamper was an extra special surprise, really amazing!
“Winning this competition made me take some time out to relax which was long overdue."
Evelyn Murphy, NexGard Spectra’s brand manager, is delighted with the response to the campaign so far: “A tasty parasiticide can make giving parasite protection a real treat for owners and their dogs, as well as helping to improve compliance. Our new ‘Yum and Done’ palatability campaign has been designed to help practices start that valuable conversation with owners in a fun and engaging way and has already had remarkable uptake.”
Practices can learn more about the ‘Yum and Done’ campaign at yumanddone.co.uk or by contacting their BIAH territory manager.
- Perier N, Carithers DS, Everett WR, et al. Preference of Dogs between Two Oral Formulations of Endectoparasiticides: NexGard Spectra (Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime) and Simparica Trio (Sarolaner, Moxidectin and Pyrantel). Open Journal of Veterinary Medicine 2020;10:155-163
- Perier N, Carithers DS, Everett WR, et al. Preference in Dogs of Two Oral Endectoparasiticide Formulations: NexGard Spectra (Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime) and Credelio Plus (Lotilaner and Milbemycin Oxime). Open Journal of Veterinary Medicine 2021;11:289-298
More from Boehringer Ingelheim
- Boehringer Ingelheim receives FDA approval for SENVELGO® (velagliflozin oral solution): the first oral liquid medication for diabetes in cats
- Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health launches new ProZinc webinar and toolkit
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches Parassess - a “first-of-its-kind”, online, personalised dog parasite risk checker
- ABCD & Boehringer Ingelheim invite applications for the 2022 Young Scientist Award
- Boehringer Ingelheim launches NexGard COMBO - broad-spectrum parasiticide offering unparalleled parasite protection for cats