Ceva Bolsters DOUXO S3 Range With The Launch Of New DOUXO S3 CALM Pads
Ceva Animal Health has bolstered its popular DOUXO S3 skincare range with the launch of DOUXO S3 CALM pads, to help soothe itchy, sensitive and irritated skin.
DOUXO S3 CALM pads provide targeted skincare solutions to hard-to-reach areas to soothe itchy, irritated skin while maintaining the skin barrier. They join the popular DOUXO S3 CALM range which also includes DOUXO S3 CALM shampoo (200ml) and mousse (150ml) formulations. The DOUXO S3 CALM range contains a high concentration of ophytrium, a purified natural ingredient with a simultaneous threefold action1, 2, 3 to strengthen the mechanical barrier, restore the balance of the protective microbial flora and reduce irritation.
Available in packs of 30, the highly saturated cotton pads can be used on both cats and dogs and remain moist three months after opening. They provide optimum tolerance and are free from soap, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, colourants and nanoparticles, with a hypoallergenic ‘summertime fragrance’ which smells like coconut and vanilla.
The full DOUXO S3 range includes: DOUXO S3 CALM, SEB, PYO and CARE and consists of shampoo, mousse and pad formulations. DOUXO S3 PYO contains ophytrium and chlorhexidine at 3% which is both antibacterial and antifungal (tough on bugs, gentle on skin). DOUXO S3 SEB features ophytrium and seboliance, a natural extract from the peel of Punica granatum (pomegranate). It has an anti-odour action and will help with oily or flaky skin. Lastly, DOUXO S3 CARE contains ophytrium and is ultra-gentle for regular use and maintenance (this is available as a shampoo only).
“The new DOUXO S3 CALM pads are a welcome addition to the DOUXO S3 CALM range, providing another application method to encourage compliance among pet owners and provide support for cats and dogs with itchy, irritated or sensitive skin,” comments Andrew Fullerton BVSc (Hons) MRCVS, product manager for DOUXO S3 at Ceva. “The pads are easy to use and can effectively target and soothe hard-to-reach irritated skin.”
- Ollivier E., Zemirline C., Amalric N., et al. (2019). Efficacy of the ingredient A97614A1 in a model of reconstructed human epidermis stressed by cytokines. Proceedings of the 62nd BSAVA Congress, Birmingham, April 4-7th
- Internal data
- Ollivier E., Zemirline C., Marchand L., et al. (2019). Effect of the ingredient A97614A1 on the adhesion and biofilm formation of Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in a model of reconstructed canine epidermis. Proceedings of the 62nd BSAVA Congress, Birmingham, April 4-7th
More from CEVA
- Ceva hosts ‘Ceva Derma Day’ international online conference
- Ceva launches new fireworks marketing materials and webinar
- Ceva hosts FREE cardiorespiratory webinar
- Do vets and VNs know their numbers when it comes to feline blood pressure?
- Vet practices urged to take feline blood pressure to avoid a ‘cat’astrophe!