Ceva Extends Popular DOUXO S3 Range With Launch Of DOUXO S3 PYO Pads
Ceva Animal Health has extended its innovative, new DOUXO S3 skincare range with the launch of DOUXO S3 PYO pads.
DOUXO S3 PYO pads contain the innovative active ingredient, ophytrium, and chlorhexidine at 3%. Ophytrium is a purified natural ingredient from Ophiopogon japonicus which has a simultaneous threefold action: it strengthens the mechanical skin barrier1, restores the balance of protective microbial flora2 and reduces irritation, while soothing the skin1. Chlorhexidine is both antibacterial and antifungal (tough on bugs and gentle on skin with the action of ophytrium).
The purifying cotton pads, which are available in packs of 30, can be used on both cats and dogs. They disinfect thanks to the antiseptic action of the 3% chlorhexidine, while hydrating and maintaining the skin’s ecosystem. The pads provide antibacterial and antifungal efficacy within one minute and are free from soap, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, colourants and nanoparticles. They are available in a new, hypoallergenic ‘summertime’ fragrance which pet owners liken to coconut and vanilla.
The DOUXO S3 PYO pads complete the DOUXO S3 PYO range, which also consists of shampoo (200ml) and mousse (150ml) formulations. The DOUXO S3 skincare range was launched in early 2020 to create four simple skincare solutions: DOUXO S3 CALM, PYO, SEB and CARE.
DOUXO S3 CALM soothes itchy, irritated skin while maintaining the skin barrier. It contains a high concentration of ophytrium which does all the work and is efficient on the three skin barriers. DOUXO S3 SEB features ophytrium and seboliance, a natural extract from the peel of Punica granatum (pomegranate). It has an anti-odour action and will help with oily or flaky skin. Lastly, DOUXO S3 CARE contains ophytrium and is ultra gentle for regular use (this is available as a shampoo only).
“The new DOUXO S3 range has been well received by both veterinary professionals and their clients since its launch, who find that the products are not only effective and well tolerated, but also easy-to-use,” comments Andrew Fullerton BVSc (Hons) MRCVS, product manager for DOUXO S3 at Ceva. “The DOUXO S3 PYO pads will enhance this range by offering an easy-to-administer antiseptic action while hydrating and maintaining the skin’s ecosystem.”
- Ollivier E., Zemirline C., Amalric N., et al. (2019). Efficacy of the ingredient A97614A1 in a model of reconstructed human epidermis stressed by cytokines. Proceedings of the 62nd BSAVA Congress, Birmingham, April 4-7th
- Ollivier E., Zemirline C., Marchand L., et al. (2019). Effect of the ingredient A97614A1 on the adhesion and biofilm formation of Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in a model of reconstructed canine epidermis. Proceedings of the 62nd BSAVA Congress, Birmingham, April 4-7th.
More from CEVA
- Ceva launches separation anxiety leaflet to ease dogs out of lockdown
- Vets urged to raise awareness of testing for Enzootic Abortion of Ewes
- Ceva hosts FREE cardiology course on managing mitral valve disease
- Ketofen now available in CLAS vials
- Ceva extends its reprodAction range with the launch of Cevaprost