New Editor For BSAVAs Companion Magazine
The BSAVA is delighted to announce that Samantha Taylor has been appointed as the new editor of its magazine, Companion. Sam takes over in April from Simon Tappin, who has edited Companion for the past five years but whose involvement with the CPD content of the magazine goes back even further.
Companion is the BSAVA’s monthly membership publication and aims to deliver relevant, engaging the informative CPD, at the same time as keeping the BSAVA community informed of BSAVA activities and developments relevant to the wider profession. The regular features - Clinical Conundrum, How To… and Notes On… - form the core of the CPD content. The role of the editor is to encourage submissions, commission articles on topics relevant to primary-care practice and arrange the review of articles to ensure they are of a suitable quality for publication.
Sam comments: “I am honoured to take up the role of editor of Companion, and excited to get started. We would love to encourage more articles from first-opinion vets and nurses to truly reflect our membership, and have lots of interesting ideas to continue to produce a useful and easy to read publication.”
BSAVA President Sue Paterson said: “We are very much looking forward to working with Sam in the coming years. BSAVA would like to thank Simon Tappin for his hard work over the last few years, which has contributed enormously to the ongoing success of Companion and wish him every success in the future.”
More from BSAVA
- BSAVA and BVBA provide behavioural advice for pet owners and veterinary professionals
- Acute canine kidney injury following general anaesthesia? Authors of JSAP study would like to hear from you.
- Boomerang the kitten bounces back thanks to pro bono hernia surgery
- Owners of canine golden oldies urgently needed to help with Old Age Pets project
- BSAVA launches new online Guide to Nutrition