Zoetis Equip® Artervac Supply Issue
23rd February, 2023 10h11
Zoetis Ltd today announced that there will be a supply issue with Equip® Artervac.
Equip Artervac is a part of the Zoetis Equip range of vaccines. It is indicated for the active immunisation for horses against equine viral arteritis (EVA) to reduce the clinical signs and shedding of the virus in nasal secretions following infection.
The current inventory of Equip Artervac has an expiry date of March 29, 2023 and Zoetis is not expecting a new batch to be available until the end of September 2023.
We have been working closely with the relevant organisations to implement a plan to mitigate the impact to breeders.
The Thoroughbred Breeders Association has published advice for a blood sampling scheme. Please visit:
Please note this requires action two weeks after the most recent EVA vaccination so please ensure you familarise yourself with these guidelines in plenty of time.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused with this supply issue. Zoetis confirms its commitment to providing further information as soon as possible.
The VMD and DEFRA have been notified about the situation.
For further information contact your Zoetis Account Manager or the Zoetis Technical Team on [email protected] or 0345 300 8034
As the world’s leading animal health company, we are driven by a singular purpose: to nurture our world and humankind by advancing care for animals. After 70 years innovating ways to predict, prevent, detect, and treat animal illness, we continue to stand by those raising and caring for animals worldwide – from livestock farmers to veterinarians and pet owners. The company’s leading portfolio and pipeline of medicines, vaccines, diagnostics and technologies make a difference in over 100 countries. A Fortune 500 company, Zoetis generated revenue of $7.8 billion in 2021 with approximately 12,100 employees. For more information, visit www.zoetis.com.
More from Zoetis
- Zoetis’ Osteoarthritis Innovations Lead New Product of the Year Awards
- New data shows Quality of Life significantly improved for dogs and cats with osteoarthritis treated with LIBRELA® and SOLENSIA® in Europe
- Zoetis secures $15.3 million grant to advance sustainable livestock production and improve livelihoods in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Signs of osteoarthritis pain may be mistaken for ‘normal’ signs of aging. Better identification of these signs could help many dogs and cats receive OA pain relief
- Zoetis hosts free Webinar for RAMAs/SQPs, Vets and Vet Nurses on best practice use of anthelmintics in horses