Ceva Hosts Cattle Ruminations Virtual Roadshow Series
Ceva Animal Health has launched a Cattle Ruminations Virtual Roadshow to enable veterinary surgeons, registered mobility scorers and qualified foot trimmers to catch up on CPD during lockdown.
The free roadshow series, which will take place from Tuesday 5th May until Thursday 14th May, is being run in collaboration with three world-class speakers in the key areas of cattle lameness, reproduction and mastitis: Dr. Nick J. Bell MA VetMB PhD PG cert Vet. Ed. FHEA DipECAWBM (AWSEL) MRCVS, independent consultant to the dairy industry; Professor Patrick Lonergan BAgrSc MAgrSc PhD, professor at UCD School of Agriculture and Food Science and Dr. Andy Biggs BVSc FRCVS, director of a first opinion veterinary practice and commercial milk laboratory in Devon also offering mastitis consultancy and milking time audits.
The live, online roadshows will enable delegates to submit questions to the speaker and attendees at each live event will receive a certificate for one hour of CPD. Some of the sessions will be recorded so they can be watched again.
The full schedule is as follows:
- 7.00pm on Tuesday 5th May – Lameness in Heifers – Dr. Nick J. Bell (event code Lameness 1) Veterinary surgeons, registered mobility scorers and qualified foot trimmers
- 3.00pm on Wednesday 6th May – Oocytes and Endometrium – the influence of progesterone pre and post-service, presented by Professor Patrick Lonergan (event code Repro 1) Veterinary surgeons only
- 7.00pm on Thursday 7th May – Mastitis – Future Decision Making – the future of on-farm diagnosis and how this will influence treatment protocols, presented by Dr. Andy Biggs (event code Mastitis 1) Veterinary surgeons only
- 7.00pm on Monday 11th May – Life After Formalin – future protocols for digital dermatitis control, presented by Dr. Nick J. Bell (event code Lameness 2) Veterinary surgeons, registered mobility scorers and qualified foot trimmers
- 3.00pm on Wednesday 13th May – Lameness detection. What’s the New Normal? – discussing new technologies and the future of lameness detection, presented by Dr. Nick J. Bell (event code Lameness 3) Veterinary surgeons, registered mobility scorers and qualified foot trimmers
- 5.00pm on Wednesday 13th May – Farm Forensics – when mastitis is bigger than the udder, presented by Dr. Andy Biggs (event code Mastitis 2) Veterinary surgeons only
- 7.00pm on Thursday 14th May – Assisted Reproduction Unravelled – sexed semen and other conundrums, presented by Professor Patrick Lonergan (event code Repro 2) Veterinary surgeons only
To register for any of the roadshows email the event team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your name, practice name or organisation, email address and the event code. Details of how to join the roadshow will be emailed a few days before each event. A CPD certificate will be emailed to the email address submitted once each roadshow has finished.
While the roadshows are free of charge, Ceva is asking for voluntary donations to the charity, Vetlife which will help to support members of the veterinary community impacted by COVID-19. To donate visit www.vetlife.org.uk/donate/ and follow the instructions.
More from CEVA
- Ceva hosts BRD CPD online event
- Do you know how your farmers are disposing of their pharmaceutical waste?
- Vets urged to highlight the benefits of ORT for scouring calves
- The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies wins 2020 Global Animal Welfare Award
- Ceva extends skincare range with DOUXO Care Auricular Lotion