Independent Vetcare Is Disability Confident Committed
Independent Vetcare has joined over 12,000 organisations that have signed up to the Disability Confident Scheme.
Organisations that are part of the government initiative play a leading role in changing attitudes. The scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace and through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are:
· Challenging attitudes towards disability
· Increasing understanding of disability
· Removing barriers to those with long-term health conditions and disabilities
· Ensuring that they support people with disabilities, heling them to fulfil their potential and realised their aspirations
IVC HR manager Debbie Ross said,
“This is about always looking for ways we can improve recruitment to make sure we are attracting a diverse and skilled workforce, as well as developing and adding to the great support we already offer to employees. We want to ensure we can attract people of all abilities with the valuable skills and experience we need to offer the highest quality care to patients and clients. We are very proud to be a part of this scheme and be putting it to work within our organisation.”
For more information about the Disability Confident scheme, visit https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
More from IVC Evidensia UK & IE
- Leo, a Labrador from Dublin, receives lifesaving treatment in the UK during COVID-19 lockdown.
- Four finalists from IVC Evidensia in the 21st Pet Plan Veterinary Awards
- Station Vets Awarded Silver Cat Friendly Clinic Status
- Kernow Vet Group Scoop Bronze Health & Well-being Award
- Inspiring Vets and Nurses of the Future at Holmefield Veterinary Clinic