Student Roadshow To Tackle The Weighty Issue Of Obesity
ROYAL CANIN has announced its annual Nutritional Roadshow. Nine UK universities will benefit from interactive lectures and an opportunity to tackle the most common disease vet students will diagnose after graduation; obesity. Kicking off on 17th October at the Royal Veterinary College, the Roadshow tours the country, before the final session on 26th November at the University of Nottingham.
Lee Danks, Scientific Affairs Manager for ROYAL CANIN, commented: “This year’s Roadshow offers all vet and vet nursing students the opportunity to learn more about obesity. Sessions with an expert in weight management and professional actor will teach students the essential communication skills required to save patients from a life of ill health.
“We are passionate about inspiring the next generation of vets and vet nurses, and the Roadshow allows us to reach out to thousands of students across the UK.”
Alongside the interactive session, expert speakers will provide valuable insight into dealing with obesity in practice. Georgia Woods RVN CertCFVHNut PHC, Weight Management Clinic Nurse at the University of Liverpool Small Animal Teaching Hospital will share her experience of dealing exclusively with obese pets. With experience in training clinicians to refine their communication skills, Beverley Dean will provide invaluable advice when it comes to communicating with owners.
The Nutritional Roadshow is key to ROYAL CANIN’s student outreach programme. The nutrition specialists already support the vets of the future through the Student Ambassador Programme, which provides students with invaluable insights into cat and dog nutrition.
Schedule of events
- Wednesday 17th October, 2.00pm – Royal Veterinary College
- Thursday 18th October, 7.00pm – University of Bristol
- Monday 22nd October, 7.00pm – University College Dublin
- Tuesday 23rd October, 5.30pm – University of Cambridge
- Monday 5th November, 6.00pm – University of Surrey
- Monday 12th November, 5.00pm – University of Edinburgh
- Sunday 11th November, 4.00pm – University of Glasgow
- Monday 19th November, 7.00pm – University of Liverpool
- Monday 26th November, 6.00pm – University of Nottingham
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/vetstudentroyalcanin/
More from Royal Canin
- Royal Canin expands team with new head office appointments
- Royal Canin warns pet owners to be aware of the hidden dangers this Christmas
- Royal Canin to preview the next generation in Veterinary Health Nutrition at the London Vet Show
- Royal Canin to focus on Weight Management at this year's BVNA Congress
- Royal Canin celebrates 50 years of nutrition