The Gait Analysis Revolution To Be Discussed At Saddle Research Trust Conference
15th November, 2021 09h11
The benefits of gait analysis for equine performance and welfare will be debated at the Saddle Research Trust’s 4th International Conference, to be held virtually on Saturday 11th December 2021.
In this second session of the day, leading veterinary authority on gait analysis, Dr. Filipe Serra Bragança, from the University of Utrecht Faculty of Veterinary Science, will be discussing the current position of objective gait analysis and its future role in assessing the performance horse.
“The introduction of modern technology into equine sports medicine has started a revolution,” said Filipe. “We have now the tools and knowledge to better quantify many aspects of our field that will ultimately lead to better performance and welfare of the equine athlete.”
Filipe will be discussing many aspects of gait analysis including kinetic, kinematic and surface electromyography applications. The most recent research developments will be examined, including applications and consequences of gait analysis for the equine athlete, with the main focus on welfare and how to quantify performance. Filipe will explore the use of regular monitoring of horses using sensor technology for gait analysis, the pros and cons of types of gait analysis systems, gait analysis of the ridden horse and future goals for development in this field.
Gait analysis is one of a full day of high-quality interactive presentations from world-renowned researchers and vets at the Conference, which is exploring the ‘Welfare and Performance of the Ridden Horse: The Future’.
The Conference has been split into four sessions, each closing with an interactive Q&A. The event is also eligible for CPD points for delegates whose professional bodies are registered with the SRT.
Session 1: Applying the science
Session 2: Through the lens
Session 3: The horse as a stakeholder
Session 4: Hot topics
To book your tickets click here.
To find out more visit about the Saddle Research Trust visit the new website here.
Further details on each of the SRT International Conference sessions will be released during the coming weeks.
Image attached: Please credit © Bas Niemans, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University.
About the Saddle Research Trust
The Saddle Research Trust (SRT) is a UK registered charity promoting and facilitating collaborative scientific research into the interaction between horses, saddlery and riders with world leading experts including those from academic, charitable and industry partnerships.
The SRT disseminates this evidence-based knowledge through conferences, open-access web resources and training opportunities to advance equine welfare, performance and safety.
Recently the SRT has undertaken extensive developments to enhance its ability to deliver key missions:
· Additional Trustees will help to direct activities to meet stakeholder needs in priority areas.
· A new Veterinary and Scientific Research Team comprising leading national and international specialists will support the SRT’s key mission to promote and facilitate collaborative scientific research into the interaction between horses, saddlery and riders with world leading experts including those from academic, charitable and industry partnerships.
· The new Knowledge Transfer and Communication Team will support the dissemination of evidence-based knowledge through conferences, open-access web resources and training opportunities to advance equine welfare, performance, and safety.
More from The Saddle Research Trust
- Saddle Research Trust Conference spreads equine welfare and performance knowledge worldwide
- What’s in it for the horse to be discussed at Saddle Research Trust Conference
- Host of hot topics on the agenda at Saddle Research Trust Conference
- State-of-the-art riding simulator to be unveiled at Saddle Research Trust Conference
- World leading researchers set to discuss the future of the ridden horse at Saddle Research Trust Conference