Virbac Launches Innovative New Pet Food Business Model For Veterinary Practices
Virbac is delighted to announce the launch of an innovative new pet food business model that allows veterinary practices to adapt, retain and increase their revenue from pet food sales.
Specially developed to meet client expectations in an ever-changing digital world, the Virbac Web Store enables pet owners to purchase VETERINARY HPM dog and cat food online for home delivery, whilst continuing to support veterinary practice revenues as part of the brand’s commitment to a ‘pro-veterinary’ strategy.
The COVID-19 pandemic caused a fundamental shift in consumer shopping habits. In 2020, e-commerce accounted for more than 30% of retail sales in the UK for the first time1. Surging online sales have increased consumer expectations that all companies should provide a reliable digital service, with a whopping 70% of UK consumers surveyed saying that they will continue to purchase essential goods online post-pandemic2. At the same time, sales of pet food in the majority of veterinary practices have been impacted by changes to practice operations.
Virbac has responded to these changes by developing an advanced online platform to enable veterinary practices to offer a convenient way to for their clients to have their preferred pet food brand delivered to their home. For each bag of VETERINARY HPM sold on the Virbac Web Store a commission is earned by the practice, therefore safeguarding their pet food revenue stream and maintaining essential customer loyalty.
‘We are very excited to be able to offer this new service to our VETERINARY HPM practices’, said Remi Mandray, Product Manager at Virbac. ‘It’s a win-win for our practices and their clients, who can take advantage of this convenient option to have their pet food delivered to their home, whilst providing the practice with a protected and rewarding business model’.
VETERINARY HPM is an advanced low-carb, high-protein formulation specifically developed to support the long-term health and well-being of dogs and cats, the highly evolved carnivores in our own homes.
For more information on the Virbac Web Store or VETERINARY HPM please speak to your Virbac Territory Manager.
1. Office for National Statistics (2020) How the COVID-19 Pandemic has accelerated the shift to online spending (Online). Available from https://blog.ons.gov.uk/2020/09/18/how-the-covid-19-pandemic-has-accelerated-the-shift-to-online-spending/
2. SalesForce Research (2020) A Survey of 3,500+ Consumers Shows How COVID-19 Will Transform Shopping For the Long Haul (Online). Available from https://www.salesforce.com/news/stories/a-survey-of-3500-consumers-shows-how-covid-19-will-transform-shopping-for-the-long-haul/
More from Virbac Animal Health
- Missing Tilly is reunited with her owner after 17 years, thanks to her Microchip!
- Virbac Offers Exciting Complimentary Livestream Event for ‘Mast Cell Tumour (MCT) May’
- Virbac Launches New VETERINARY HPM® Wet Diets to Offer a Comprehensive Nutritional Approach to FLUTD
- Virbac Supports Veterinary Receptionists With The Launch of the Virbac Dental Care Course
- Indorex Defence remains unchallenged as pet owner’s favourite