Apovomin® Provides Sickness Solution For Dogs
A treatment to induce vomiting in dogs that have ingested poisons or toxins has been introduced by Dechra Veterinary Products.
Apovomin®, an injectable apomorphine, is effective following a single injection providing an important tool for veterinary professionals when the rapid induction of emesis is vital. Results can be expected from two to fifteen minutes after the injection of the product.
Apovomin has the active substance apomorphine hydrochloride hemihydrate 3 mg (equivalent to apomorphine 2.56 mg). It is being marketed in 5 ml vials. It has a three-year shelf life and lasts for up to 28 days once broached.
Dechra Brand Manager Claire Morgan said: “Unfortunately there are many everyday substances that are toxic to dogs once ingested and time is of the essence when dogs have swallowed something that is poisonous to them.
“It is vital that veterinary professionals have access to a safe and effective treatment like Apovomin that they know they can rely on when dealing with cases like this.
“Apovomin offers a cost effective and successful treatment for accidental poisoning that will be an important tool for veterinary professionals in day-to-day practice.”
For more information visit www.dechra.co.uk.
More from Dechra
- Dechra releases new companion animal practice essential Cosacthen®
- Dechra introduces new two pack otitis externa treatment to dermatology range
- Dechra unveils first range of organic diets in recyclable packaging
- Dechra rolls out Europe’s first transdermal treatment for feline weight gain
- Equipalazone® - a new generation of powerful equine pain relief