Apovomin® Provides Sickness Solution For Dogs
A treatment to induce vomiting in dogs that have ingested poisons or toxins has been introduced by Dechra Veterinary Products.
Apovomin®, an injectable apomorphine, is effective following a single injection providing an important tool for veterinary professionals when the rapid induction of emesis is vital. Results can be expected from two to fifteen minutes after the injection of the product.
Apovomin has the active substance apomorphine hydrochloride hemihydrate 3 mg (equivalent to apomorphine 2.56 mg). It is being marketed in 5 ml vials. It has a three-year shelf life and lasts for up to 28 days once broached.
Dechra Brand Manager Claire Morgan said: “Unfortunately there are many everyday substances that are toxic to dogs once ingested and time is of the essence when dogs have swallowed something that is poisonous to them.
“It is vital that veterinary professionals have access to a treatment like Apovomin that they know they can rely on when dealing with cases like this.
“Apovomin offers a cost effective treatment for accidental poisoning that will be an important tool for veterinary professionals in day-to-day practice.”
For more information visit www.dechra.co.uk.
More from Dechra
- Dechra unveils Dexacortone®: a flavoured double divisible SmartTab®
- Dechra adds Otitis podcast to its online CPD library
- New Equibactin® Powder offers convenient and accurate antibiotic dosing
- New Equisolon® sachets make for convenient dosing for equine asthma
- Exploring the “good, bad and the ugly” of equine lameness diagnosis and treatment