"DEEP OSCILLATION - A GameChanger In Equine Sports & Rehabilitation Massage"
Alex Riesen BSc(Hons) PGCE Dip ESMT is now offering award winning DEEP OSCILLATION® therapy, adding an extra cutting-edge dimension to her treatments, covering North Yorkshire & Other Yorkshire Counties
Clinical Effects of DEEP OSCILLATION®
In contrast to externally applied, mechanical forms of therapy, (e.g. vibration), the therapy effect of DEEP OSCILLATION® takes place in the tissue itself and works through the entire depth of the tissue layers (skin, connective tissue, subcutaneous fat, muscles, blood and lymph vessels) to a depth of 8cm (Solangel, 2010).
DEEP OSCILLATION® is applied to the horse via an applicator and gloved hand and is very well received by the horse. Therapists no longer have to apply firm pressure to massage, the applicator glides gently over the horse, thus saving the therapists hands. References for the therapy can be found at http://www.physiopod.co.uk/references.shtml
Ebor Equine Therapy
Landline 01347 811959
Mobile 07809 741 244
"My role as an Equine Sports Therapist is to support your horse physically and yourself in terms of knowledge and understanding about my treatments. I discuss each individual case with clients and provide you with the key information and exercises to help your horse to make progress between any visits you would like to book in the future. My visit will involve a gait analysis either in hand or on the lunge and depending on the case, I may also ask to see your horse ridden. Further muscular and skeletal diagnostic tests are carried out before a tailored sports or rehabilitation treatment commences."
BSc(Hons) Equine Science, Diploma in Equine Sports and Rehabilitation Massage Therapy
More from PhysioPod UK Limited
- Pre and Post Canine Surgical Recovery Aided By Deep Oscillation Therapy
- "At times, Deep Oscillation has literally been an equine lifesaver"
- DEEP OSCILLATION Video Applied In Equine on YouTube
- Latest News: Gilliyan Carter Morgan of Equi-Therapy UK Now Official FEI Permitted Equine Therapist
- Dr Barbara Roder To Present Deep Oscillation in Equine Respiratory Therapy At The 20th International Convention of The Swiss Association of Animal Physiotherapy (SVTPT)