Karen Celebrates 40 Years At Veterinary Group
The times when you could walk straight into a ‘job for life’ out of school have long since passed. But Karen Jones is the exception to the rule and has just celebrated 40 years at the same practice in Wrexham.
Back in 1979, Karen started her first ever job as an auxiliary nurse at veterinary Practice, Rhyd Broughton Veterinary Group.
Over the years, Karen has worked as an auxiliary nurse, receptionist, reception manager and then, returning to the practice after maternity leave, she joined the admin team and hasn’t looked back.
“I’ve been lucky that I’ve been able to move around within the practice. It has kept everything fresh.
“The management team have accommodated everything I have asked for as my life and responsibilities have changed over the years. And I would like to thank everyone I have worked with. It doesn’t feel like 40 years, working with such great people, and long may it continue!”
Practice manager, Sandra Lewis said,
“Karen has been an incredibly dedicated member of the team and it has been an immense pleasure working with her. She is a favourite with the staff and clients alike. The fact that she is still here is a testament to her dedication and to the management team here.”
More from IVC Evidensia UK & IE
- Mabel makes a remarkable recovery after close encounter with a ball bearing
- Practices join IVC Evidensia in first quarter
- IVC Evidensia Staff scoop 3 out of 5 winners at Petplan Awards 2020
- Leo, a Labrador from Dublin, receives lifesaving treatment in the UK during COVID-19 lockdown.
- Four finalists from IVC Evidensia in the 21st Pet Plan Veterinary Awards