Pharmaceutical Waste On Farm … Do We Really Know What Happens To It?
Ceva Animal Health is carrying out a survey to ascertain livestock and mixed practice vets’ opinions on packaging and the environment and how vets perceive farmers are disposing of empty glass and plastic pharmaceutical vials.
The three-minute survey - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CLASvials - will help Ceva to understand current attitudes towards packaging and how it can continue to make changes that will drive improvements across the industry. Five participating vets’ names will be picked at random to win a £20 Amazon voucher in a prize draw.
“Following discussions with both UK vets and farmers, we believe that there is some confusion around the disposal of pharmaceutical waste both on farm and from the vet clinic,” comments Peter Keyte, ruminant business unit manager at Ceva Animal Health. “The survey will give us an insight into what is happening to pharmaceutical waste on farms and help us to drive improvements across the industry.”
Ceva Animal Health trademarked its innovative CLAS (Ceva Layered Anti Shatter) vials in 2007 and continues to invest in this technology for livestock injectables, such as NSAIDs and antibiotics. These include Zeleris, Florkem and Vetrimoxin, with Ketofen available in CLAS vials later in 2020 and other products in the range from 2021.
The easy to use, practical and eco-friendly CLAS vials are:
- Eco-friendly for less impact on the environment1
- Robust and shock resistant for less breakage, spillage and losses
- Ergonomic ‘grip groove’ for easier handling
- Light weight material for easier transportation and handling
- Hi-tech multi-layered structure for great product stability
To participate in the survey, go to https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CLASvials
- Lifecycle analysis of CLAS vials vs glass vials 2016: Independent comparison of the environmental impacts of glass and CLAS vials, validated against the requirements of ISO14040 standards (rigorous methodology, reliability of the trial).
More from CEVA
- Ceva extends popular DOUXO S3 range with launch of DOUXO S3 PYO pads
- Ceva extends its reprodAction range with the launch of Cevaprost
- Ceva launches TULAVEN - a new addition to its range of treatments for BRD
- Ceva hosts BRD CPD online event
- Do you know how your farmers are disposing of their pharmaceutical waste?