Zoetis Adds Stablelab Hand-held Diagnostic Test To Its Equine Portfolio
London, UK – July 03, 2020 – Zoetis Inc. today announced that it is expanding its portfolio of health products and services for horses with the Stablelab® hand-held, point-of-care diagnostic blood test that provides vets with critical information related to equine inflammation in 10 minutes.
The Stablelab hand-held reader detects and quantifies the biomarker Serum Amyloid A (SAA), a major, acute phase protein produced by the liver that rapidly and dramatically increases in response to inflammation. By measuring SAA, vets can assess the severity of an infection more quickly, often before clinical symptoms start and are able to monitor the horse’s response over the course of treatment.1
“Zoetis is committed to providing vets and horse owners with the most effective health products to better predict, prevent, detect and treat equine disease,” said Zoetis vet Wendy Talbot. “The Stablelab test kit enables convenient, off-site testing for quick and accurate detection of a reliable indicator of infection in horses.
“Point-of-care testing is one of the fastest-growing areas of diagnostics and this test is rapidly becoming a standard of care in equine practice. SAA testing will help vets to quickly determine an appropriate course of intervention, positively impacting case outcomes.”
You can find out more about Stablelab at www.stablelab.com . To place an order please contact your Zoetis Account Manager or the Zoetis Technical Team on customersupportUK@zoetis.com or 0845 300 9084 choosing option 3.
Visit www.horsedialog.co.uk for a wide range of client-focused information on disease risks, vaccination, equine health and wellbeing.
 Nolen-Walston R. How to Interpret Serum Amyloid A Concentrations. In Proceedings: American Association of Equine Practitioners. 2015:130-137.
More from Zoetis
- World-renowned expert provides updates on the negative impact of osteoarthritis pain in dogs and cats and outlines exciting new therapies in development that could provide benefits to animals living with pain
- Chair of WSAVA Global Pain Council to Present in Upcoming Webinars on Evolving Science in Osteoarthritis (OA) and Innovative Therapies in Development to Treat OA Pain for Cats and Dogs
- Zoetis acquires veterinary engagement software company, Virtual Recall
- Zoetis Launches New Online Learning Academy for Veterinary Professionals
- Zoetis A.L.P.H.A. Initiative Accelerates Sustainable Livestock Production and Improves Livelihoods for Farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa